Welcome to our family! My deepest desire is to point others to Christ, who continues to dramatically changed me into His image. May God's glory be revealed through the ups and downs of our family.

4/13/2009

Easter
















When did Easter become complicated? I cannot tell you how long I have processed whether or not to look for Easter eggs. To be honest, I am not a fan of the Easter bunny. Actually, I am close to hating him... I just am tired of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny stealing God's glory. They take away from the real reason we are celebrating. Back to the problem, I finally decided to do eggs, knowing I cannot avoid it. It really shouldn't be this complicated. My heart issue is this: I want to honor and glorify God, while leaving my life open and transparent. I want my family to be welcoming to those who don't know God, so that they can see Him through us. So the entire issue of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny gets really complicated, maybe when they shouldn't...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Tami! We use the Easter egg hunt to signify the empty tomb. The eggs aren't empty, but the kids get to go in search of these fun eggs and when they open them, they find what they did not expect to find (just like when Mary went to the tomb and found what she did not expect to find). We sometimes also include fun things like finding an empty egg and getting an extra special treat (or a dollar, they think that it really cool!). Anyway, we certainly don't focus on the bunny, but we do have fun with the egg hunt! Just a thought for you! :)I feel like we can take the "secular" part of the holidays that the kids like so much and still turn it back to Christ! It's just too hard to take Him out of His holidays!