Welcome to our family! My deepest desire is to point others to Christ, who continues to dramatically changed me into His image. May God's glory be revealed through the ups and downs of our family.

1/19/2009

Spinning Plates


Recently, we had some friends over for dinner. As custom, before ending the evening, we pray together about what is going on in our lives. One of our friends received a visual while praying, of a hammer and a nail. As she prayed about it later, she felt God saying that He has given us all the tools we need. She commented to me about how I need to press into God more, and out of that place of intimacy, the outflow will be ministry, family, marriage, etc. As I prayed today, I felt God impressing upon me that I am not pressing into Him. What am I focused on? Today has been crazy, with potty training and ministry, I feel like I can't keep all my "plates" spinning. So, after showering during naptime, I sat before the Lord, verbally setting down all the plates I feel like I have to maintain "spinning" in my life. Back to the question of what am I focused on. God showed me that I am so much more worried about what others think of me, and how do I compare, what do they think of me, do I measure up? I will never measure up, even if I do, in my head, where the enemy places lies, I will never measure up. So, the question becomes... How do I put those plates down, to only focus on pressing into God, and wanting to measure up to His standards? Not sure...

No comments: